Which is the most “expensive” computer virus ?
Computer… the child of technology which made radical change in the our daily life. It touched each and every corner of the world and proved that computing can make sharp and precise output than human. If you are reading this it will be through a computer or other computing gadget like, tablet smart phone etc. What ever it may be, here we discuss about some amazing facts about computer in its Origin to till. Basic aspects of computer like, RAM, Micro processor, & other components are familiar to us. But do you know about the weight of first computer ? Do you know the virus which made high damage in world ? In this article we discuss about some mind blowing facts about computer.
Know about Computer
A computer is a machine that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming. Modern computers have the ability to follow generalized sets of operations, called programs. These programs enable computers to perform an extremely wide range of tasks. A “complete” computer including the hardware, the operating system (main software), and peripheral equipment required and used for “full” operation can be referred to as a computer system. This term may as well be used for a group of computers that are connected and work together, in particular a computer network or computer cluster.
In 1833 Charles Babbage invented all the parts that are now used for the modern computer. But the first ‘modern’ computer was invented only 120 years later. The Z1 was the first fully operational digital computer developed by Konrad Zuse in 1936. In 1939, he created the Z2 as the first electro-mechanical computer in the world. While Charles Babbage is being considered as the “father of the computer”, Zuse can be considered as the inventor of the “modern computer”.
The first hard drives available were even bigger than a commercial fridge – another computer facts by which you will get amazed. Alan Turing is the father of theoretical computer science and artificial intelligence. In addition, the “Turing Machine” which is a mathematical model of computation was invented by him.
IBM 1311 was the first disk drive to use removable media. You may not believe, but as you can see in the image below, it resembles the look of a washing machine. It was quite big, yet it had a storage capacity of fewer than 5 megabytes.
Some amazing facts you must know
- The first 1 GB hard drive was announced by IBM in 1980 which had a price tag of $40,000!
- The US is at the highest risk of Virus attack followed by Russia Federation.
- The 12 engineers who made IBM PC were named as “The Dirty Dozen”.
- An average person normally blinks 20 times a minute, but when using a computer he/she blinks only 7 times a minute, which is less than half the normal rate of 20.
- first computer mouse was made with wood in 1964 by Doug Engelbart.
- HP, Microsoft and Apple have one very interesting thing in common – they were all started in a garage.
- In 1939, the first electro mechanical computer was made/developed.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that you can write using letters only, on one row of the keyboard of the computer.
- The first microprocessor created by Intel was the 4004. It was designed for a calculator, and in that time nobody imagined where it would lead.
- Only about 10% of the world’s currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers. 90% e-money.
- A 15 year old hacked NASA computers and caused a 21 day shutdown of their computer systems. He also hacked the Pentagon weapons computer.
- ENIAC was the first electronic computer which was weighed around 27 tons and it’s taken up space around 1800sf (square feet).
- In 1979, the first of first hard disk/drive was made to store the user’s data and it could hold only data under 5MB.
- Do you know what CAPTCHA is? I hope you know that but do you know this is the abbreviation of ‘Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart’.
- China has the highest number of internet users in the whole world with over 746 million active users.
- MyDoom is the Most Expensive Computer Virus in History–The virus cost an estimated $38.5 billion in damage and came about in January of 2006. Shortly after that, it earned a name for itself as the fastest-spreading virus ever.
- In 1936, Russians were the first who made a computer that can be used in water.
- Tim Berners-Lee coined the phrase “World Wide Web” in 1990.
- Google uses an estimated 15 billion KWH of electricity per year, more than most countries. However google generates a lot of their own power with their solar panels.
- Google estimates that the internet today contains about 5 million terabytes of data (1TB= 1,000GB)
- E-Mail was invented before Internet
- Mosaic was the first browser in 1993
- Original name of windows was Interface Manager.